Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hey fat girl

This ties in to my previous post. I was reading a wonderful blog I discovered and found this new entry today: http://manolobig.com/2008/02/20/the-big-question-hey-fat-girl-youre-fat/

I wonder just how many women are victim to this every day? It hasn't happened to me in awhile. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe I've just not heard. I really wish we lived in a world that was more tolerant of people who are 'different'.

I am glamour/nude photographer. I photograph a lot of beautiful women. Most of them are thin. That's not completely by choice. It just happens to be the majority of models I meet. I have to wonder, sometimes, if I am not helping to promote some sort of unrealistic body image. Of course, I don't airbrush my photos to make the girls look THINNER and the only 'imperfections' I remove are blemishes (zits) and whitening teeth.

Maybe I should be actively seeking 'larger' models? Hmm, something to ponder. I think a new project just came to mind. I'll post more on that later.

No comments: